All my PHP-nuke sites come with extra information pages that can be used to make a page of text that appears in the MAIN MENU like the "About Us" page or the equivalent. Here is how to use one to add information.
- Go to the admin panel and click on "Modules"
- Scroll down and look at the list of modules. There should be several called infopage1, infopage2, and so on.
- Note the third column called status - find one with a status of "Inactive" and with the custom title (second column) the same as the first.
- Click on "Edit" on the far right.
- Now a form will come up where you can change the "Custom Title" to the name you want and select who can see it (everyone? just registered users? just admins? your choice)
- Click "visible in the modules block" if you want it on the main menu. Those sites who use a separate menu for members do not click this when the page is for members only.
- Click "Save Changes."
- Now you have the list of modules back again. Click on "activate" in the far right column to activate your new module (you may want to wait until you have entered the text for this page before you activate)
- Click on the module. While you are logged in as an admin, there will be an edit button at the bottom of the page. Click it.
- Now you will get a text box in the middle of the page that you can fill in. Click the "change" button when you are ready to save your text.
- N.B. this text is expected to be HTML format which means that you must use <br> whenever you want a line break and two of them or <p> to skip a line. You may also wish to use formatted lists or URL, see my
client manual for basic HTML formatting commands
Copyright © by Open Sky Web Design All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2007-07-17 (5492 reads)[ Go Back ]